Well with the lockdown currently ongoing as we approach almost four weeks of staying at home, it still remains essential to keep active. This is not just for the physical benefits a workout undoubtedly brings, but also the mental benefits too. In times like this where we cannot go out as often as we would like or we cannot socialise the way we are used to, it becomes more important than ever to keep ourselves mentally strong and a workout is a great way of achieving this. With that in mind lets go through a basic fitness session – I’ll call this the self isolation boxing workout.
Now this is designed to be done alone but if you have someone at home who can join in with you then that’s great too. I won’t go through the warm ups only the exercises you can perform so after you have done your warm ups, stretched out and you’re ready to go, here are the exercises.
BASIC SELF ISOLATION BOXING WORKOUT
1. Pyramid Punches – we will warm up with a basic 1, 2 which is the jab and cross. We will start off with 2 punches and work our way up to 20 punches in sets of two, so 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and so on up to 20 and then we will work our way down back to 2, so 18, 16, 14, 12 and so on down to 2.
2. We will start with the hardest drill first, the punch and push up. You will throw 2 punches and perform 1 push up, then 4 punches and 2 push ups, 6 punches and 3 push ups all the way up to 20 punches and 10 push ups. So punches go up in 2’s and push up’s go up by 1.
3. Punches and Sit ups. Throw 20 punches followed by 5 sit ups. Continue this for 2 minutes.
4. Punches and Lunges. Throw 20 punches followed by 4 jumping lunges(2 on each leg). Continue this for 2 minutes.
5. Combination Punching. This will be a 3 minute round, for this first minute you will throw 1, 2’s (the jab and cross). After the first minute you will include 10 uppercuts so you are now throwing 1, 2, 1, 2, 10 uppercuts. After two minutes you will add on another set of 1, 2’s. So now you are throwing 1, 2, 1, 2, 10 uppercuts, 1, 2, 1, 2 and continue this until the 3 minutes are completed.
And that’s it – within 30mins you have just completed your first self isolation boxing workout! Stay tuned because I will posting more boxing routines in the coming weeks as we continue to be in lockdown. Don’t forget I am also releasing daily videos on boxing which you can view from my Instagram @fayzboxingcoach and my YouTube Fayz Fitness
Boxing Coach Strength and Conditioning Coach Boxing Author of: The Boxing Cheat Sheet - Your Ultimate Guide to Ring Survival Strength and Conditioning for Boxing - Work out Hits to get you Fighting Fit! Forgotten Legends of the Ring - Ten Past Masters of the Squared Circle *Any videos or images used on this site to support my articles that are copyrighted are used for educational purposes and in accordance to the fair use act and are not my own - all credit is due to the respective owners. No copyright infringement intended.
fitter, faster, stronger
Get your Strength and Conditioning for Boxing Ebook right now for only £9.99 and for a limited time only get TWO more books absolutely free!